Worship Hours

Sunday Schedule:

9:45 A.M. Sunday School

11:00 A.M. Morning Worship



Summer Schedule:

8:45 A.M. Sunday School

10:00 A.M Morning Worship



A Word Of Invitation

Welcome! We are glad to have you here. We pray God's blessings upon you. May you find inspiration on this site. We are faithful, joyful followers of Jesus Christ and members of American Baptist Churches USA. We also hope, if you are in the area, you will come worship with us on Sunday. You are most welcome!





Pages

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Simple Evangelism Any Christian May Do

The following is an excerpt from a brief inspirational article from Revive Us Again: A Prayer Devotional Guide by Leaders from Greater New York and Beyond. The article is entitled "May I Pray for You?" by Os Hillman, based on Philippians 4:6

"I walked into the office. The secretary seemed physically struggling with her breathing and her countenance was different from normal. "Are you okay?" I asked. "Allergies," she replied. "Sometimes it gets so bad I can hardly breathe." "May I pray for you?" I asked. "Oh, I don't want to take up His time with something as menial as me. I'd rather not waste it on me. You should pray for someone much less fortunate than me. My mother always taught us to pray at the dinner table for those less fortunate than us," she replied. The woman was touched that I would offer to pray for her.

The next day I told her my prayer group was praying for her. She could not believe that I would do such a thing for her. It is interesting what happens when you offer to pray for someone. Offering to pray for someone can be the most genuine and loving thing you can do for another person. It can be the one means of getting a conversation on a spiritual plane that cuts across religious stigmas and get to the root of the problem--the person's real need. It immediately reveals your own values and sets the stage for future encounters. All it takes is a little holy boldness to step through the door when the opportunity seems to present itself.

Is there anything too small to pray about? ... Paul clearly tells us ... that prayer is talking with God. It is having such a relationship with Him that we can bring anything to His attention.

As you enter the workplace today, ask a coworker if you can pray for him about something. You may be surprised at what doors will open as a result."

This is a simple approach to evangelism, allowing you to act upon your faith and offer the person you approach with a wonderful offer and gift. We hope it works for you in the days and weeks ahead.

God bless you.

[Os Hillman, TGIF Today God Is First, Destiny Image Publishers, Shippensburg, PA 2000 www.marketplaceleaders.org IN Revive Us Again, Katie Sweeting & Beverly Cook eds. New York: Concerts of Prayer Greater New York, 2007, p. 86.]

No comments:

Post a Comment