Worship Hours

Sunday Schedule:

9:45 A.M. Sunday School

11:00 A.M. Morning Worship



Summer Schedule:

8:45 A.M. Sunday School

10:00 A.M Morning Worship



A Word Of Invitation

Welcome! We are glad to have you here. We pray God's blessings upon you. May you find inspiration on this site. We are faithful, joyful followers of Jesus Christ and members of American Baptist Churches USA. We also hope, if you are in the area, you will come worship with us on Sunday. You are most welcome!





Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2011

You Too Can Choose a Small Ministry All Your Own

We American Baptists believe in the "priesthood of all believers." That means, each of us is empowered to spread the good news of the Gospels using the special gifts God has given us all. A while back, I struck upon a simply ministry concept that has proven effective, provided that I am patient and trust that God will send someone in need across my path.

I keep a Bible in my car at all time. This is a used Bible (in good shape but offered up at book sales, garage sales, etc.) I have picked up along the way. I got the idea when we purchased our most recent car and it came with a small Bible in the glove compartment. The owner of the dealership is a Christian and he considers this part of his ministry. I thought the idea was brilliant and chose a variant on that idea for myself. I started with that Bible in the glove box.

When I hear of someone in need of a Bible, I offer them the one in my car. It is a simple and effective ministry, always bringing a smile to the recipient's face and passing along the good news of God's kingdom.

So, what will you do? If you prepare yourself, God will present the opportunities. God bless you in your ministry!

No comments:

Post a Comment