Worship Hours

Sunday Schedule:

9:45 A.M. Sunday School

11:00 A.M. Morning Worship



Summer Schedule:

8:45 A.M. Sunday School

10:00 A.M Morning Worship



A Word Of Invitation

Welcome! We are glad to have you here. We pray God's blessings upon you. May you find inspiration on this site. We are faithful, joyful followers of Jesus Christ and members of American Baptist Churches USA. We also hope, if you are in the area, you will come worship with us on Sunday. You are most welcome!





Pages

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Ordination Service for Jeffrey B. Snyder

Last Sunday, January 5, at 3 in the afternoon on a rainy, icy day, the Exton Community Baptist Church sanctuary and fellowship hall were warmed up by the Ordination Service for their own Jeff Snyder, who, on January 26, begins a new life in ministry as the pastor for Lansdowne Baptist Church in Lansdowne, Pennsylvania, an inner suburb of Philadelphia.

It was a beautiful and meaningful service, well attended in spite of the weather, where beautiful ideas, advice, and music were shared. It was a serious, yet joyful service, in which a number of pastors who have been influential in Jeff's journey played an active role in the service. Jeff's wife, daughter, and father also participated.

Jesus states in Matthew 18:20:  "For where two or three
are gathered in my name,
I am there among them." Sure enough ...
Jeff states: I want to take a moment to thank the ECBC community for playing a vital role in my spiritual development and for their support of my efforts toward this goal, following this calling from God. Thank you for allowing me to explore and hone my spiritual gifts over the years. No matter where God leads me and my family, this community will always be a part of my life. May the peace of Christ be with you!

ECBC's founding pastor is in the middle left, in the background ...



No comments:

Post a Comment