Worship Hours

Sunday Schedule:

9:45 A.M. Sunday School

11:00 A.M. Morning Worship



Summer Schedule:

8:45 A.M. Sunday School

10:00 A.M Morning Worship



A Word Of Invitation

Welcome! We are glad to have you here. We pray God's blessings upon you. May you find inspiration on this site. We are faithful, joyful followers of Jesus Christ and members of American Baptist Churches USA. We also hope, if you are in the area, you will come worship with us on Sunday. You are most welcome!





Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

November's News from ECBC Missionary Sue Hegarty in Costa Rica


Dear Friends,
It´s the month of Thanksgiving and I do thank God for all the wonderful opportunities He has given me to serve so far in Costa Rica.   The last few weeks have been especially fruitful, so I also thank you for your prayers and support which make it possible for me to serve here..
Hopefully you´ve read my journal about the graduation in the Pastoral Care for Women program.   I have continued to meet with the class in Cartago.   Another privilege I had was translating for a small group of folks from Great Rivers Region.   Included in that group were my MPT members, Jerry and Sheila Fite, as well as the mission-minded John and Syl Grisham and Carol and Dave Matheson.   We visited a number of Baptist Federation churches.   I was impressed by the vision of these churches – all in marginal neighborhoods.   Also inspiring to me is GRR´s partnership commitment with Costa Rica over the years (the Baptist Camp has a plaque commemorating groups from the 1980´s).
This week I jumped in with my first workshop here, giving practical tips on how to lead a group for the new Pastoral Care for Women professors (and as a refresher course for some of the experienced ones).   It was great to get to know these women better, and share all of our experiences.   The next session they will practice presenting different parts of the classes.   In the meantime, we want to begin redoing this Healthy Relationships course before February when the classes start up again (after the kids start their new school year).   I have my work cut out for me!
While you are celebrating Thanksgiving, please pray for our Women´s Retreat against domestic violence which is this Saturday and Sunday.   It is to be both informative, but also healing so we leaders will all need physical and emotional strength.
Thank you for your support!


--Sue Hegarty

No comments:

Post a Comment