Worship Hours

Sunday Schedule:

9:45 A.M. Sunday School

11:00 A.M. Morning Worship



Summer Schedule:

8:45 A.M. Sunday School

10:00 A.M Morning Worship



A Word Of Invitation

Welcome! We are glad to have you here. We pray God's blessings upon you. May you find inspiration on this site. We are faithful, joyful followers of Jesus Christ and members of American Baptist Churches USA. We also hope, if you are in the area, you will come worship with us on Sunday. You are most welcome!





Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2013

A Word for Congo Missionaries Glen and Rita Chapman

After three weeks in the States, we are back at Kikongo.
We arrived home yesterday, and we are already back in the classroom.
We went to the Santa Cruz area mid -December to help with the final
preparations for our daughter Elaina’s wedding.  Her lovely wedding
was on December 29.   Elaina is now Elaina Johnson.  Her husband Chris
is a Godly man who grew up in a family with strong Christian, and
mission values.   They will be living in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.    Chris
works for Rockwell-Collins, and Elaina is studying physical therapy.
            It was very unusual for us to experience the US again so
soon after departing.  We had none of the normal returning to the
States difficulties, like remembering how to drive, or how to use the
ATM machines.
        It was fun to be able to pig out during the festive season, knowing
that I would soon be back to my Kikongo diet.    Our friends comment
about how “healthy” we have become.   In Congo,  “looking healthy” is
the same as looking fat!   We take the compliment with the culture.
              Here, the pastoral school opened a fish pond, so all the
students and staff had fish for Christmas.  That was such a hit, that
they opened up another one for New Years.
              I don’t have any trips scheduled at the moment.  I have
three places that Pastor Masala is eager to take me to.    I have a
functioning projector now, and oil for the flying machine, so I may
begin my flying adventures shortly.  I have way too much jet lag these
days to think about a trip right away, however.
              Kamiya, the otter, was happy to have Rita back for a
walk to the river.  Kamiya did just fine with our otter keepers during
our absence.  The hornbill (Bill) is getting quite ornery.  He gave me
two pecks on the head, with enough force that blood flowed freely.   I
think he gets angry when we don’t feed him.   His way of scolding me
for not feeding him for the past three weeks must be to strike me.  He
is free flying, so I am going to let him find his own food from now
on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment